Hey there funny people! I’ve got a hilarious recipe for you today that will make your taste buds burst with joy. Get ready to bake some delightful date-filled sugar cookies! These bad boys are from an old-fashioned recipe that is sure to tickle your funny bone. So let’s dive right in!
Date Filled Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Date filling (recipe below)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Get it nice and toasty, just like your jokes!
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar. Whip it up until it’s light and fluffy, just like a stand-up comedian on stage!
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Show those eggs who’s boss!
- Mix in the vanilla extract. Give it a whirl like you’re spinning jokes at a comedy club!
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix it up real good, like a hilarious punchline!
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beating until well combined. Let’s unite those ingredients like comedians coming together to create the perfect punchline!
- Divide the dough in half. Roll out each portion on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle. Spread the date filling evenly over the dough. Roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style. Cut into slices, about 1/4 inch thick, and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Keep an eye on them, just like you keep an eye on your audience!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Patience is key, just like delivering the perfect punchline!
- Enjoy the deliciousness and share these cookies with your friends and family. Laughter and cookies are meant to be shared, after all!
Now you have a recipe that will leave everyone rolling on the floor laughing, and wanting more of these delightful date-filled sugar cookies. So go ahead, bake them up and spread the sweetness and laughter!
Image credit: BigOven