Hey there, funny people! I’ve got a hilarious Easter treat to share with you today – my Easter Lamb Cake! Now, I know what you’re thinking, a lamb cake? How can that be funny? Well, just wait until you see how this little lamb turns out. It’s sure to make you laugh your socks off!
My Easter Lamb Cake using the cast iron cake mold my Grandmother bought
So, here’s the deal. I stumbled upon this recipe when I found a cast iron cake mold that my Grandmother bought ages ago. I couldn’t resist giving it a try, and boy, am I glad I did! This lamb cake is not only delicious but ridiculously adorable. Trust me, it will have everyone at your Easter gathering rolling with laughter.
To create this masterpiece, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
Now, let’s dive into the instructions:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased and floured cast iron lamb cake mold. Make sure to grease and flour every nook and cranny to ensure easy removal.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the mold for about 10 minutes before carefully inverting it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Now comes the fun part! Time to decorate our lamb cake. Get ready to laugh until your belly hurts!
Easter Lamb Cake – The Final Result!
Once your cake is cooled, it’s time to get creative with the decorations. Add a fluffy coat of icing all over the cake. Then, use marshmallows to create the cutest little lamb’s head and ears. Stick some chocolate chips for the eyes and a pink jelly bean for the nose. Your lamb cake will look so adorable that your guests won’t have the heart to eat it!
Now, sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor. This Easter Lamb Cake is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a treat for the eyes. Plus, the looks on everyone’s faces when they see this hilariously cute cake will make your Easter gathering unforgettable!
So, what are you waiting for? Get your cast iron cake mold out of hiding and whip up this funny and delicious Easter Lamb Cake. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser and will surely have everyone saying, “That’s one baaaa-d cake!”