Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with a mouthwatering recipe that combines the zesty flavor of lemon with the aromatic spices of South Indian cuisine. Introducing the delectable Lemon Rice! This dish is sure to leave you craving for more with its tangy and refreshing taste.
South Indian Lemon Rice: A Burst of Flavors
Just a glance at the vibrant colors of this dish is enough to entice your taste buds. The vivid yellow hues of the lemon-infused rice will transport you to the sunny streets of South India. Lemon Rice, also known as Chitrannam, is a popular dish that is quick to prepare and bursting with flavors.
For this tantalizing recipe, you will need:
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal (split black gram)
- 1/2 teaspoon chana dal (split chickpeas)
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2-3 green chilies, slit
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
To prepare this delightful Lemon Rice, follow these simple steps:
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add urad dal and chana dal. Fry until they turn golden brown.
- Next, add asafoetida, curry leaves, and green chilies. Saute for a minute.
- Now, add peanuts and fry until they are crispy.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice, lemon juice, and salt. Mix gently so that the rice is coated evenly with the flavors.
- Cover the pan and cook for a few minutes on low heat to allow the flavors to blend.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Enjoy the tantalizing flavors of Lemon Rice as a standalone dish or as an accompaniment to your favorite curries. The tangy lemon zest combined with the fragrant spices will create a symphony of flavors in your mouth.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab the ingredients, follow the simple instructions, and get ready to impress your friends and family with this delightful South Indian delicacy. Trust us, they will be begging for seconds!