Today, I have a recipe that will make you laugh and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time. It’s called the Lump of Coal Cookie! These cookies might not look appetizing at first, but trust me, they are delicious. So let’s get started and make some magic in the kitchen!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Gradually add this dry mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Take small portions of the dough and shape them into small lumps, resembling pieces of coal.
- Place the lumps onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving some space between each lump.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
And voila! You have your very own Lump of Coal Cookies. But don’t let their appearance fool you, these cookies are soft, rich, and oh-so-chocolatey. They are the perfect treat to surprise your friends and family with during the holidays.
Just imagine their faces when they see these coal-like cookies. They’ll be in for a sweet surprise! These cookies also make a great gag gift or conversation starter at holiday parties. Who knew coal could be so delicious, right?
So go ahead, get creative, and spread some laughter with these Lump of Coal Cookies. Your taste buds and funny bone will thank you. Happy baking!