Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli is a classic Italian soup that is both comforting and delicious. This hearty soup is packed with flavors and textures that will leave you feeling satisfied and warm inside. It’s no wonder that it has become a favorite among many people.
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli
First, let’s talk about the star of the dish – the Pasta e Fagioli soup itself. This soup is made with a rich and flavorful broth that is filled with a variety of ingredients. The base of the soup consists of a combination of ground beef, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. These ingredients are sautéed until they are tender and fragrant.
Once the vegetables are cooked, the ground beef is added and browned. This adds an extra layer of flavor to the soup, as the beef becomes caramelized and adds depth to the dish. Next, the broth is added to the pot along with diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and a variety of spices.
The next step in creating this delicious soup is adding the pasta and beans. Pasta e Fagioli translates to “pasta and beans” in Italian, so it’s no surprise that these ingredients play a major role in the dish. The pasta is cooked until al dente and the beans are added to the soup. This combination creates a filling and satisfying soup that is perfect for a cold winter day.
Now, let’s take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this dish. The soup is garnished with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and parsley. This adds a touch of freshness and a hint of saltiness to the dish. It also adds a beautiful pop of color that makes the soup even more appealing.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 1 can red kidney beans (15 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 1 can white kidney beans (15 ounces), drained and rinsed
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Remove the ground beef from the pot and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onions, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef back to the pot and stir to combine with the vegetables.
- Pour in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the ditalini pasta, red kidney beans, and white kidney beans to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Serve the Pasta e Fagioli soup hot, garnished with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
This Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli recipe is a fantastic copycat version of the soup served at Olive Garden restaurants. It captures all the flavors of the original dish and allows you to enjoy it in the comfort of your own home. Whether you’re a fan of Italian cuisine or just looking for a hearty and satisfying soup, this recipe is sure to impress.
So next time you’re craving a delicious and comforting soup, give this Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!