Today, I’m bringing you a scrumptious recipe that will transport you straight to the bayous of Louisiana. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with some succulent Steamed Spiced Shrimp with Old Bay Cocktail Sauce! This dish is perfect for those who appreciate bold flavors and enjoy a touch of heat in their meals.
Delightful Steamed Spiced Shrimp
Let’s dive right into this flavorsome journey by preparing our star ingredients. You will need:
- 2 pounds of fresh, juicy shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s get into the process of making these incredible Steamed Spiced Shrimp. Follow these simple steps:
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the Old Bay seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt. Give it a good stir.
- Carefully place the shrimp into the pot and cover with a lid. Let them steam for about 4-5 minutes until they turn pink and opaque.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Old Bay cocktail sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan and adding the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Once the shrimp are cooked, remove them from the pot and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle the Old Bay cocktail sauce over them.
- Serve hot and enjoy the explosion of flavors in every bite!
If you’re looking to enhance your culinary skills and expand your recipe repertoire, this Maryland-Style Steamed Shrimp with Old Bay Butter is a must-try.
Here’s a quick rundown of the amazing ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Now that we’ve gathered our heavenly ingredients, let’s embark on the culinary journey of preparing these Maryland-Style Steamed Shrimp:
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the Old Bay seasoning, melted butter, and minced garlic. Stir well.
- Add the shrimp to the pot and let them steam for about 4-5 minutes until they become pink and deliciously succulent.
- Once cooked, remove the shrimp from the pot and transfer them to a serving platter.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the shrimp to add a tangy twist.
Now that you have two irresistible recipes for Steamed Spiced Shrimp, it’s time to get cooking and experience the wonders of these mouthwatering dishes. Whether you opt for the bold flavors of the Steamed Spiced Shrimp with Old Bay Cocktail Sauce or the tantalizing Maryland-Style Steamed Shrimp with Old Bay Butter, your taste buds are in for a treat.
So, what are you waiting for? Gather your ingredients, put on your chef’s hat, and embark on a journey to flavor paradise!