I have an absolutely delicious recipe to share with you today! It’s a Strawberry Shortcake Trifle that will have your taste buds singing with joy. This dessert is perfect for any occasion and is sure to impress your family and friends. So let’s get started!
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 store-bought pound cake, cut into cubes
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced strawberries with granulated sugar. Stir well to coat the strawberries and let them sit for about 30 minutes to release their juices.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Once the strawberry juices are released, drain the strawberries and reserve the juice.
- Place half of the pound cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle dish or individual serving glasses.
- Spread half of the strawberry jam over the pound cake cubes.
- Top with half of the drained strawberries.
- Spoon half of the whipped cream over the strawberries.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining pound cake, strawberry jam, strawberries, and whipped cream.
- Drizzle the reserved strawberry juice over the top of the trifle.
- Garnish with a few extra sliced strawberries if desired.
- Chill the trifle in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
This Strawberry Shortcake Trifle is the ultimate summer dessert. The combination of fresh strawberries, sweet pound cake, and fluffy whipped cream is simply heavenly. Each bite is bursting with fruity, creamy goodness that will leave you craving for more.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or simply want to treat yourself to a sweet indulgence, this trifle is a surefire crowd-pleaser. The vibrant red color of the strawberries makes it visually stunning, and the layers of flavors create a symphony in your mouth.
So go ahead and give this Strawberry Shortcake Trifle recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you! Enjoy!