Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with a delectable dish? Today, we have something truly special in store for you – stuffed banana peppers fresh from the garden! These mouthwatering peppers are filled with a savory mixture that will leave you craving for more. Don’t worry if you’re not an expert chef, because we’ve got you covered with an easy-to-follow recipe that will make you feel like a culinary superstar. So, without further ado, let’s jump right into it!
Stuffed Banana Peppers Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6-8 fresh banana peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for an extra kick)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare a baking dish by greasing it lightly with cooking spray or olive oil.
2. Now, let’s prep the banana peppers. Wash them thoroughly under running water and pat them dry. Cut off the top of each pepper and carefully remove the seeds and membranes using a spoon. Set aside the cleaned peppers.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Mix everything together until well combined.
4. Stuff each banana pepper generously with the meat mixture, ensuring they are well-filled and packed tightly. Place the stuffed peppers into the prepared baking dish.
5. Pour the marinara sauce over the stuffed peppers, making sure they are coated evenly. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Cover the baking dish with foil and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is bubbly and golden.
7. Once done, remove the foil and let the peppers cool for a few minutes before serving. The aroma of this dish is incredible, so brace yourself for the compliments that are about to come your way!
Now that you have this fantastic stuffed banana peppers recipe, it’s time to get cooking! These peppers make a fantastic appetizer or can even be enjoyed as a main course. The combination of flavors, from the tender peppers to the savory meat filling and gooey cheese, is simply divine.
Don’t hesitate to experiment with the recipe and add your own twist. You could replace the ground beef with ground turkey or chicken for a leaner option, or even toss in some chopped bell peppers for an extra burst of color. Enjoy these stuffed banana peppers with your loved ones for a memorable meal that will have everyone asking for seconds!