Pigs In A Blanket Cabbage Casserole Recipe
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this mouthwatering Pigs In A Blanket Cabbage Casserole! It’s the perfect dish for those who love cabbage rolls but want a creative twist. Indulge in the gooey, cheesy, and comforting goodness of this delectable casserole that brings out the best flavors of cabbage and sausage.
What’s fabulous about this recipe is that it takes the classic pigs in a blanket concept and elevates it to a whole new level of deliciousness. Instead of the usual pastry or dough, this recipe embraces the delicate layers of cabbage leaves, which adds a nutritious punch. It’s like wrapping yourself in a cozy cabbage blanket!
- 1 large cabbage, cored
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the cabbage in a large pot of boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the leaves are pliable. Remove from water and let cool.
- In a skillet, cook the ground sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the sausage is browned and the onion is softened. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Gently peel off the cabbage leaves and lay them flat on a clean surface. Spread a spoonful of the sausage mixture onto each cabbage leaf, and sprinkle some cooked rice over it.
- Roll up each cabbage leaf, tucking in the sides, to create little bundles of joy.
- In a baking dish, spread a layer of marinara sauce. Place the cabbage rolls on top of the sauce, seam side down.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the cabbage rolls and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy your pigs in a cozy cabbage blanket!
German Pigs In A Blanket
Hold on to your taste buds because this German Pigs In A Blanket recipe will take them on a delightful flavor adventure! With its unique twist on the classic dish, this recipe will surely satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more!
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the whole head of cabbage and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the leaves are soft. Remove from water and let cool.
- In a skillet, sauté the sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the sausage is browned and the onion is translucent. Season with salt, pepper, caraway seeds, and paprika.
- Peel off the cabbage leaves and cut off the thick vein from each leaf.
- Place a spoonful of the sausage mixture on each cabbage leaf and roll it up, securing with toothpicks if necessary.
- In a baking dish, spread the sauerkraut evenly and place the cabbage rolls on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes to let the cabbage rolls brown slightly.
- Enjoy your German-style pigs in a blanket with a side of warm sauerkraut!
Whether you want to indulge in the comforting goodness of the Pigs In A Blanket Cabbage Casserole or savor the unique flavors of the German Pigs In A Blanket, these recipes will surely tickle your taste buds with joy. So, gather your ingredients, unleash your inner chef, and enjoy a delicious meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and fulfilled. Embrace the cabbage blankets and let the flavors wrap you in culinary bliss!