When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing quite like a warm and hearty bowl of slow-cooked black beans. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also incredibly easy to make. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is foolproof and guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds. So grab your slow cooker and let’s get cooking!
Slow Cooked Black Beans
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the black beans under cold water and remove any debris or impurities.
- In your slow cooker, combine the black beans, diced onion, minced garlic, minced jalapeno pepper, cumin, paprika, and oregano. Stir to mix well.
- Pour the vegetable broth over the bean mixture. Make sure the liquid covers the beans entirely. If needed, add more broth or water.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 8-10 hours. The beans should be tender and creamy when done.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The slow-cooking process allows the flavors to meld together beautifully, resulting in a dish that is rich and satisfying. These black beans can be enjoyed as a main course with rice, as a side dish, or even used as a filling for tacos or burritos. The possibilities are endless!
With just a handful of ingredients and a slow cooker, you can create a delicious and nutritious meal that will warm your soul. The black beans are packed with fiber and protein, making them a healthy addition to your diet. Plus, they’re naturally vegan and gluten-free, so everyone can enjoy them!
So why wait? Try this easy slow cooker black beans recipe today and treat yourself to a comforting and flavorful dish. Your family and friends will be impressed with your culinary skills, and you’ll have a new go-to recipe in your repertoire. Enjoy!