Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Brisket Time
To all my fellow brisket enthusiasts, we’re about to embark on a journey to create the most succulent and tender smoked brisket ever! Picture this: a perfectly smoked brisket with a beautiful bark on it, juicy and full of flavor – it’s a recipe that will surely make your taste buds dance with joy.
This recipe requires the use of a Masterbuilt electric smoker, which ensures consistent heat and smoke throughout the cooking process. So, let’s get started, shall we?
The Best Ever Smoked Brisket
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 whole beef brisket (approximately 10-12 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup beef broth
- Wood chips for smoking (hickory or oak recommended)
- Prepare the brisket by trimming any excessive fat, leaving about ¼ inch.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried thyme, dried oregano, and brown sugar to create a dry rub.
- Generously coat the entire brisket with the dry rub, ensuring all sides are well-seasoned.
- Cover the brisket with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Preheat your Masterbuilt electric smoker to 225°F (107°C) and soak your wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the soaked wood chips in the smoker’s wood chip tray and insert a water pan filled with beef broth.
- Once the smoker is preheated, place the seasoned brisket onto the smoker’s cooking rack.
- Smoke the brisket for approximately 1.5 hours per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 195°F (90°C) for a tender and moist brisket.
- Ensure the smoker maintains a consistent temperature throughout the cooking process.
- Once the brisket reaches the desired temperature, remove it from the smoker and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- After resting, slice the brisket against the grain and serve it with your favorite barbecue sauce.
And there you have it, the best-ever smoked brisket that will leave your taste buds begging for more! The combination of the Masterbuilt electric smoker and the flavorful dry rub transforms a simple cut of meat into a mouthwatering delight. Don’t forget to invite your friends over to share in this culinary masterpiece; they won’t be able to resist the amazing aroma and heavenly taste.
So, go on and give this recipe a try – you’ll become the ultimate pitmaster in no time. Get ready for a finger-licking, lip-smacking experience that will have you coming back for seconds and thirds. Happy smoking, my friends!