Hey y’all! Today, I’ve got some mouthwatering turkey wing recipes that will have your taste buds jumping for joy. Get ready to experience some seriously delicious flavors and textures with these amazing dishes. So, let’s dive right in and whip up these finger-licking good turkey wings!
The BEST Smothered Turkey Wings Recipe
Let’s start off with a classic Southern favorite, the Smothered Turkey Wings. These wings are cooked to perfection and smothered in a rich and savory gravy that will leave you craving for more.
- 4 turkey wings
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Season the turkey wings with salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme.
- Place the turkey wings in the skillet and cook until they are browned on both sides. Remove the wings from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, and bell pepper until they become soft and fragrant.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir well to combine. Cook for a minute to get rid of the raw flour taste.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth while stirring constantly to prevent any lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Return the turkey wings to the skillet and let them simmer in the gravy for about 1 hour or until they become tender and juicy.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to your taste. If you like a little kick, add some cayenne pepper.
- Serve the smothered turkey wings hot over rice or with a side of creamy mashed potatoes. Enjoy the incredible flavors!
Peppered Turkey Wings. Easy Recipe
If you’re looking for a recipe with a kick, then you have to try these Peppered Turkey Wings. They are packed with bold flavors that will make your taste buds dance!
- 6 turkey wings
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the turkey wings in a large baking dish and pour the marinade over them. Make sure all the wings are coated evenly.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let the wings marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the plastic wrap from the baking dish and bake the wings for about 1 hour or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Once done, remove the wings from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- These peppered turkey wings are perfect as an appetizer, a main course, or even as a game-day snack. Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce or serve them as is. You won’t be able to resist their tantalizing flavor!
There you have it, folks! Two incredible turkey wing recipes that will take your taste buds on a flavor-packed journey. Whether you prefer the smothered goodness of the Southern-style wings or the bold and peppery kick of the peppered wings, these recipes are sure to impress.
So why wait? Gather your ingredients, get cooking, and prepare to be blown away by the deliciousness of these black people-inspired turkey wing dishes. Enjoy!