Homemade Stove Top Stuffing
Indulge in the deliciousness of this homemade stove top stuffing that will leave you craving for more. This mouthwatering dish is perfect for Thanksgiving dinners, family gatherings, or any occasion that calls for a comforting side dish.
- 2 cups of bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and celery, and cook until they become tender.
- Add the dried sage, dried thyme, dried rosemary, and garlic powder to the skillet. Stir well to combine the flavors.
- Add the bread cubes to the skillet and toss them with the vegetable and spice mixture until they are coated.
- Pour the chicken broth over the bread mixture and stir gently to moisten all the cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the bread cubes are soft and have absorbed the flavors.
- Uncover the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the stuffing has reached your desired consistency.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Stove Top Stuffing Mix, Traditional Sage
If you’re looking for a quick and convenient option, try the Stove Top Stuffing Mix in the traditional sage flavor. It’s the perfect solution for those busy days when you want to whip up a delicious side dish without spending too much time in the kitchen.
- 1 box of Stove Top Stuffing Mix, Traditional Sage (6 ounces)
- 1 2/3 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and butter to a boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the stuffing mix until well combined.
- Cover the pan and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the stuffing with a fork before serving.
Whether you choose to make the homemade version or opt for the convenience of the Stove Top Stuffing Mix, both options will leave your taste buds satisfied. Enjoy the warmth and delicious flavors of these stove top stuffing recipes at your next meal!