Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
Are you craving that delicious tangy and sweet flavor of sweet and sour sauce? Look no further! Today, we have an easy and mouthwatering recipe for you that doesn’t even require pineapple. Yes, you read that right! So, grab your utensils and let’s dive into this divine creation.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, ginger powder, red pepper flakes (if desired), salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer while stirring occasionally. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce reaches the desired thickness, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Your homemade sweet and sour sauce without pineapple is now ready to be indulged in!
How to Use Sweet and Sour Sauce
Now that you have this tantalizingly delectable sauce ready, let’s discuss a few ways you can enjoy its lip-smacking goodness:
1. Sweet and Sour Chicken
Coat bite-sized chicken pieces in a batter made from flour, cornstarch, and water. Deep fry the chicken until golden and crispy. Toss the fried chicken pieces in the sweet and sour sauce for a delightful blend of flavors.
2. Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Mix together ground meat, breadcrumbs, an egg, salt, and pepper to create delicious meatballs. Brown the meatballs in a skillet, then coat them generously with the sweet and sour sauce. This dish will surely be a hit at your next gathering!
3. Sweet and Sour Stir-Fry
Sauté your favorite vegetables and protein, such as bell peppers, onions, tofu, or shrimp, in a pan. Add the sweet and sour sauce towards the end and stir-fry for a few more minutes to coat everything in the delectable sauce.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but feel free to explore and experiment with this versatile sauce. Its tangy and sweet flavors will undoubtedly add an extra dash of excitement to any dish!